And you, you lay, awake at night and scheme
of all the things that you would change,
but it was just a dream!
If I ever post a starter, and it’s tagged ‘open rp’ you are allowed to respond to it. I don’t care if you’ve never spoken to me before. I don’t care if you’ve just followed me. I don’t care if you somehow find it when you’re not following me. I don’t care if anyone else is tagged in it. If ‘open rp’ is included in the tags, you are allowed - and wholeheartedly encouraged - to respond to it. That is all.
He frowns at the implication — he’s in no position to judge, having done similar and worse, as well, but not wishing her to have to turn to that — and gives her a small squeeze of a hug.
"It’s… Reasonably paid. The more regular nature of it is what’s more appealing…"
He sort of looks away with a wistful smile as he says, “And yes. I enjoy it. It… Almost reminds me of when I was young…” He shakes his head and closes off again. This version of him likes sharing and opening up. Good to know.
"But it’s fun," he says with a small shrug, "One of the few times I can relax or let go; and puts my endurance and flexibility and the like to another good use."
"And while I may not be able to help your past," he says, voice and eyes turning serious as he meets hers, "Do not hesitate to call me if ever you need food or shelter or protection from now on, okay? I promise I do not mind."
"I think that’s the appeal of most jobs. Even if it’s for pretzels and peanuts if it’s steady it’s worth it." She had had a couple of those. The times she left a city were never as painful as that first time she abandoned a job. "Okay— that’s enough hugging for today."
She slid away to the opposite end of the couch. Fine, he inferred what she had implied. The touchy-feely was warped by the memories into something not so innocent. Her trust was like that myth of Agaemmemnon’s wife weaving everyday and taking it apart every night. She could build and build but she’d always get back to the start. It was an inconvenient coping method.
"Warden, I’ve gotten this far and I haven’t died yet. And I’m human so that’s a complete game over for me. I don’t keep spare heads like Mombi. So the offer is nice, but I can do this." Life itself was more addicting than any controlled substance. Take it up, wash it away, forget the rules, bend the expectations backwards until they snap.
It is okay for your character to be irrational
It is okay for your character to seem stupid and make mistakes that are just as stupid
it is okay for your character to misunderstand
It is okay for your character to get angry, sad, or anything over something—even if it is simple.
It is okay for a character to act out/lash out over something
It is okay for your character to be sensitive
It is perfectly fine because they are people. That is what people do.
I got two hands, one beating heart,
And I’ll be alright
- "No one mourns the wicked."
- "Isn’t it nice to know that good will conquer evil?"
- "Did that really just happen?"
- "What is this feeling?"
- "I will be loathing you my whole life long."
- "These things are sent to try us."
- "The things one hears these days."
- "I don’t cause commotions, I am one."
- “It’s good to see me, isn’t it? No need to respond! That was rhetorical.”
- “My personal opinion is that you do not have what it takes. I hope you prove me wrong… I doubt you will.”
- “Smile, wave… and shut up.”
- "I know you don’t want to hear this, but someone has got to say it! You are out of control!"
- "Now that we’re friends, I’ve decided to make you my new project."
- "Oh, look, it’s tomorrow!"
- "Have you ever considered how you’d fare in captivity?"
- “Alright, just don’t move… and don’t get mad at me!”
- "The truth isn’t a thing of fact, or reason. It’s simply what everyone agrees on."
- "The best way to bring people together is to give them a really good enemy."
- "Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"
- "You’re the only friend I’ve ever had."
- "Who isn’t less fortunate than I?"
- "You’re… beautiful!"
- “You’re having delusions of grandeur.”
- “All of my life I’ve depended on you, how do you think that feels?”
- “You and I are nothing alike and I will fight you until the day I die!”
- “ I know I’m who I am today, because I knew you.”
- “But if you let me I’d like to try to help.”